A Baby Primer - Division of Child Hygiene, Department of Health - Prudential Press - Booklet, c. 1920s
(4 x 6 In) This is an original antique Prudential Press booklet prepared by the Division of Child Hygiene, Department of Health and printed by The Prudential Insurance Company of America Home Office in Newark, NJ. "A Baby Primer" is 16-pages long and offers some basic health and safety related parenting advice for new babies. Funded by John F. Dryden Pioneer of Industrial Insurance in America. Contents include:
- IS YOUR BABY REGISTERED? - Your baby will need a birth record.
- MOTHERS!! This baby is Blind - Who is to blame? One drop of Silver Nitrate solution in each eye after birth would have saved baby's sight.
- NURSE YOUR BABY - Stomach of Calf vs. Stomach of Baby
- NURSE YOUR BABY because: Cow's Milk is for Calf, Mother's Milk is for the Baby
- NURSE YOUR BABY because: Cow's Milk prepares Calf's stomach for grass, Woman's Milk prepares Baby's stomach to digest food
- NURSE YOUR BABY EVERY 3 HOURS Not Oftener
- WHEN IS BABY'S FEEDING TIME? Only clock can tell
- DOES YOUR BABY'S BREAKFAST COME FROM A PLACE LIKE THIS? Danger!
- OR DOES YOUR BABY'S BREAKFAST COME FROM A PLACE LIKE THIS? Clean, Healthy Cows
- Do YOU SPOIL Good Milk By Careless Handling?
- Everything That Touches the Milk must Be Boiled
- BATHE BABY EVERYDAY ~ WASH POISONS AWAY - Winter and Summer, Well or Sick
- THE DIAPER - Should Protect Baby From Cold and Dirt - Correct Way to Dress Baby
- FRESH AIR is Baby's Best Tonic - Day and Night, Asleep and Awake
- FLIES AND MOSQUITOS Bring Terrible Diseases
The booklet is in GOOD condition wear at the edges, a few minor creases and stains.
***Item will be packaged with care in an acid free sleeve, placed between two pieces of cardboard and shipped in a Bubble mailer.***
***If you need something SHIPPED FASTER than First Class shipping (2-5 Days) or by a specific date, please contact me and if necessary I'll get you a quote for expedited shipping prices.***
***Vintage and antique items each have a unique history, and are sold exactly as I bought or found them/ They are in “AS FOUND" condition. Due to their unique nature, rarity, and age, all items are sold “AS IS”.***
THANK YOU for looking!
Questions, Comments? Please contact me. Ephemera Obscura