Hotel Tioga- 1920s Antique Travel Brochure- Merced, California- Yosemite Highway Map- Lithograph Print- Ames Hard- Paper Ephemera
(2 1/4 x 5 1/2 In) (9 x 5 1/2 unfolded) This is an original antique Ames-Hard Advertising lithograph travel brochure from the 1920s. "Merced, California - HOTEL TIOGA and Highway Maps - On the only.... all year Highway to YOSEMITE. When unfolded the front shows a view of the Hotel Tioga next to the map of Yosemite area Highways, the back has a list of "Points of Interest" at Yosemite and info about the Hotel.
"HOTEL TIOGA- On the All Year Highway to Yosemite National Park. 150 rooms-- combination of tub and shower. . . Also rooms without bath. . . All the most modern conveniences. . . Coffee shop and dining room in connection, with the best of food served at reasonable prices. . . Our desire is to please. . . For your comfort-- in summer an air-cooling system operates by means of which the air is washed every three minutes."
"POINTS OF EXCEPTIONAL INTEREST- MERCED-
1. Yosemite Lake
2. Golf Course
3. Fig Packing Plant
4. California Packing Corp.
5. Old Millerton Road: Of Gold Rush Days
6. Historical Town of Snelling
7. Gold Dredging Operations
8. Hornitos: -Outlaw Joaquin Murietta's Camp, -Wells Fargo Express Office No. 1, - Ruins of Ghiradelli's First Store, -Hotel where General Grant Stopped.
9. Exchequer Dam: -Supplies Merced Irrigation Dist.
10. Bear Valley: -Oso House (Gen. Fremont's Headquarters when nominated)
11. Mt. Ophir: - Site of first U. S. Mint in California
12. Mt. Bullion and Princeton Mine
13. Mariposa Court House: -Built in 1854, still in use
14. Mariposa Gazette-News Office: -Operated since 1854
15. Site of Fort Sumpter"
The brochure is in EXCELLENT condition, light wear at the edges.
***Item will be packaged with care in an acid free sleeve, placed between two pieces of cardboard and shipped in a Bubble mailer.***
***If you need something SHIPPED FASTER than First Class shipping (2-5 Days) or by a specific date, please contact me and if necessary I'll get you a quote for expedited shipping prices.***
***Vintage and antique items each have a unique history, and are sold exactly as I bought or found them/ They are in “AS FOUND" condition. Due to their unique nature, rarity, and age, all items are sold “AS IS”.***
THANK YOU for looking!
Questions, Comments? Please contact me. Ephemera Obscura