Slants on the Origin of Bundling In the Old World - A. Monroe Aurand Jr. - Booklet, c. 1938
(5 3/4 x 8 1/2 In) This is an original vintage The Aurand Press, booklet from 1938. "Slants on the Origin of Bundling in the Old World", by author A Monroe Aurand Jr. The cover art shows "RUTH AND BOAZ -- THE ORIGINAL BUNDLERS" an "Unretouched illustration by the Dutch artist Matthew Merien, taken from the "Bybel Printen," published in Holland in 1650. Note Ruth uncovering the "feet" and "waist" of Boaz; that both are scantily clad; that Boaz is sleeping at the moment. See Book of Ruth-- a most interesting account of "Tarrying" or "Bundling" (the custom of unmarried persons sleeping together, one time quite prevalent in America.) The Book is 32-pages long, contents include:
- Preface to 2nd Edition
- BIBLES AND HISTORY FIGURE IN FOLKLORE AT ITS BEST- Bundling
- HOLLAND DUTCH INTERPRETATION OF FAMOUS BIBLE SCENE
- BUNDLING BY THE AUTHORITY OF RUTH AND BOAZ
- Did Our Favorite Lovers "Bundle"?
- Men and Women by the Millions
- Intimate Story Surpressed?
- Would You have Done as Boaz Did?
- THE OLD TESTAMENT STORY HAD ITS INFLUENCE
- Interpretations and Meanings Do Change
- Ruth Acted "Out of Turn"
- Some Admit It Was Bundling
- WAS THE MOTHER-IN-LAW OF THE OLD TESTAMENT THE BEST EVER?
- "Book of Ruth"-- Is it Fiction?
- Are You Your Daughter's Boss?
- HORRIBLE CONDITIONS ATTEND POOR IN BRITAIN AND WALES
- Courting Habits "Wide Open".
- Would You Call This Bundling?
- No Modesty Among the Poor
- VERY FEW OF IS ARE COMPELLED TO SLEEP WITH THE DEAD!
- "Kept the Pig in the Parlor" No Joke.
- Marriage Contracts Are Respected
- WAS AMERICA EVER INFLUENCED BY THESE ENGLISH CUSTOMS?
- English Always Rather Course
- Good Old-Fashioned May-Day
- IN TURKEY THE HUSBAND PERFORMS A CERTAIN "PRIVILEGED" RITE
- Would It be "Bundling" in Turkey?
- In Far-Away Afghanistan
- Far-Off Borneo
- EUROPEANS AND ORIENTALS KNOW THIS CUSTOM, TOO
- In Wales
- VIRGINITY AND CHASTITY-- OF WHAT VALUE ARE THEY?
- When Is a Virgin Not a Virgin?
- The Virgins of the Bible
- BRITISH ISLES STILL CONTRIBUTE TO BUNDLING LORE
- England Shares the Spot Light
- It's an Old Orkney Custom
The booklet is in VERY GOOD condition, light wear at the edges and spine, small creases at bottom right corner.
***Item will be packaged with care in an acid free sleeve, placed between two pieces of cardboard and shipped in a Bubble mailer.***
***If you need something SHIPPED FASTER than First Class shipping (2-5 Days) or by a specific date, please contact me and if necessary I'll get you a quote for expedited shipping prices.***
***Vintage and antique items each have a unique history, and are sold exactly as I bought or found them/ They are in “AS FOUND" condition. Due to their unique nature, rarity, and age, all items are sold “AS IS”.***
THANK YOU for looking!
Questions, Comments? Please contact me. Ephemera Obscura