(5 1/4 x 7 1/2 In) This is an original vintage The National Research Bureau Inc. booklet from 1958. "C. I. G. Consumers Information Guide - Volume 6-58" is 26-pages long and contains recommendations for various products and services, illustrated with comics signed by, "Styles". Contents include:
- WHAT'S NEW - Color Up Your Pet Fish - This Eyeglass Hearing Aid - New Adhesive Bandages - Keep Your Dog's Kennel.
- HOUSE & HOUSEHOLD - Make Your Own Silver Storage Drawer - Home Hi-Fi Equipment - Small Size Water Softener - Papering Your Bedroom Walls? - Consider a Lounge Chair - Tint Your Artificial Flowers - Furniture That Serves Dual Purpose.
- FOOD - Cartoons Showing The Head Of The House - "So Fine A Breath Will Blow It Away" - You Can Make Something More Festive - Next Time You Make Your Favorite Quick Coffeecake - Ready To Bake Banana-Nut Bread - Make A Quick Dessert Sauce - Western Style French Dressing.
- GARDEN - Where Flower and Vegetable Seeds Come From - Midget Cucumbers - Some Newcomers In the Flower Field - Trim Your Lawns and Hedges With Water Power - Varieties of Midget Vegetables - A Free Form Garden Pool - Discarded Window Screens - This Barbecue Lighter.
- KITCHEN & LAUNDRY - Does Onion Odor Cling - Discourage Moths - There Are Many Uses For Razor Blades - Swing-Down Ironing Cord Holder - Scrub Up Your Outdoor Wicker Furniture - Another Safety Tip - There are Electric Light Bulbs - Small Lace Mats - Know What's In Your Button Box - Small Drug Safe - Recipe Call For A Lot Of Egg Whites?
- EDUCATION - Will The Proposed Bullion Dollar Federal Aid - A Suburb of Chicago, Illinois.
- AUTOMOBILES - Automobile Seat Cover Shops - 95 Percent of Drivers - You Probably Have a Tube - There's No Such Thing As A Standard Automobile.
- DECORATING IDEAS - By Dorothy and Harry Brown - Decorate Doors For Coolness and Privacy - Control Light and Air - Steam Proof Curtains.
- CLOTHING - Handkerchief-Weight Linens and Tissue Cottons - The Rash of Prints - Periodically - Nylon Gloves - Those Who Shudder At The Word Chemise - Pleated Chiffon - Easy Lines in Casual Clothes For Summer - Research Men.
- RECREATION - You Don't Need Deluxe Picnic Equipment - And For The Same Picnic - Jotto Is A Secret Word Game - Have You Played.
- TAXES - Look For The Possibility of A Larger Tax Break - Salvage Value and Depreciation - If The Proposed Profit Sharing Plan.
- INSURANCE - Read The Fine Print - The Question of Paying Taxes.
- MEDICINE - Blood Clots - Salt Is Apparently Definitely Linked To High Blood Pressure - Triiodothyronine.
- REPAIRS & REMODELING - Wood Window Frames - Quick Way to Figure Wallpaper Requirements - Tempered Hardboard - Too Much Moisture In Your Basement? - Painting Radiators - The Man Who Has A Touch-Up Paint Job - Want To Try "French Antique" Finishing.
- SERVICES - If You Can't Account For Toll Calls - Phony Check Cashers - A New York Hotel - Red and Green Neon Lights Clustered Around Street Traffic Lights.
- INFORMATIVE BOOKLETS - Canned Soups - Bird Migration - Poison Ivy Time - Jam And Jelly Recipes.
EDITORS PAGE - By Albright Stedman.
The booklet is in VERY GOOD condition wear at the edges, blunted corner tips, minor discoloration from age, a few minor creases in front cover.
***Item will be packaged with care in an acid free sleeve, placed between two pieces of cardboard and shipped in a Bubble mailer.***
***If you need something SHIPPED FASTER than First Class shipping (2-5 Days) or by a specific date, please contact me and if necessary I'll get you a quote for expedited shipping prices.***
***Vintage and antique items each have a unique history, and are sold exactly as I bought or found them/ They are in “AS FOUND" condition. Due to their unique nature, rarity, and age, all items are sold “AS IS”.***
THANK YOU for looking!
Questions, Comments? Please contact me. Ephemera Obscura