(5 1/4 x 7 1/2 In) This is an original antique Litt & Dingwall Lessees and Directors booklet from the 1910s. "The Play's The Thing - McVicker's Theatre - Chicago - 40 Exits - The Safest Theatre in the World - Est. 1857". "This theatre is provided with an absolutely fireproof curtain which is used between acts at every performance. Red lights operated on an entirely independent gas system, are kept constantly burning over every exit in this theatre. The management urgently requests the audience to use different exits at the end of each performance; thus patrons will thoroughly familiarize themselves with the various means of egress."
The booklet is 32-pages long and besides information about McVicker's Theatre contains advertisements for:
- Midnight Vaudeville at States Restaurant
- Lyon & Healy's Upright Pianos, Victrolas
- Resthaven Hotel, Waukesha, WI
- Illinois Central Railroad Trains to St. Louis
- Hotel Galvez in Galveston, TX
- "MOTHER" - Holiday Matinee for Lincoln's Birthday
- King Joy Lo Chinese Restaurant "Pride of Chicago"
- Jefferson Theatre Program Co. for printing
- The Pennsylvania Lines
- King Yen Lo's Oriental Restaurant
- The White Company Car Factory
- Chocolate Tokens - National Biscuit Company
- Ye Baltimore Inn Metropolitan Ladies Orchestra
- Justrite Corsets
- Boston Oyster House
- Illinois Tunnel Co. Automatic Telephone
- Berry's Caramel's on State Street
- Park Fireproof Storage Co.
- Exquisite Hair Ornaments for the Opera
- Santa Fe Deluxe Train Line
- Hotel Alexandria
- MOGUL cigarettes
The booklet is in GOOD condition, wear at the edges, blunted corners, a few minor stains, light wear at spine, missing upper left corner of back cover.
***Item will be packaged with care in an acid free sleeve, placed between two pieces of cardboard and shipped in a Bubble mailer.***
***If you need something SHIPPED FASTER than First Class shipping (2-5 Days) or by a specific date, please contact me and if necessary I'll get you a quote for expedited shipping prices.***
***Vintage and antique items each have a unique history, and are sold exactly as I bought or found them/ They are in “AS FOUND" condition. Due to their unique nature, rarity, and age, all items are sold “AS IS”.***
THANK YOU for looking!
Questions, Comments? Please contact me. Ephemera Obscura